Our Cricket St Thomas tour includes visits to Forde Abbey and Gardens and Perrys Cider Mills. We will also visit Taunton, Lyme Regis and Bournemouth.
WARNERS CRICKET ST THOMAS, CHARD 4*
Nestled in a picturesque valley, this charming Grade II listed mansion was the setting for TVs To the Manor Born. Facilities include a swimming pool, steam room, sauna, health and beauty salon and fitness studio. En-suite Ambassador Rooms include a TV, telephone, hairdryer and tea/coffee facilities.
Door to Door Service
4 nights dinner, bed & breakfast
Entrances to Perrys Cider Mills and Forde Abbey & Gardens
Visits to Taunton, Lyme Regis and Bournemouth
We take a leisurely drive westward to our hotel, stopping enroute for lunch. There will be plenty of time to settle in before dinner.
Today we visit Taunton, a bustling town dating back to Saxon times. The parish church of St Mary Magdalene with its superbly decorated tower, dominates the town and from here you can follow the Taunton Heritage Trail around the centre and discover the town’s architectural gems and hidden corners. On our return to the hotel, we visit Perry’s Cider Mills and Museum, where you can watch the cider-making process in action and discover some of the atmosphere of old West Country life.
Spend a full day at leisure to enjoy all the facilities at the hotel.
Our excursion today takes us to Lyme Regis, an exquisite picture-book fishing village packed with charming tearooms and shops. This afternoon we shall visit Forde Abbey, a Cistercian Monastery filled with many treasures and surrounded by 30-acres of carefully tended gardens.
We depart the hotel and commence our homeward journey.Br
Cricket St. Thomas - Chard - Somerset
With views of the Somerset countryside this Regency style elegant mansion of Cricket St. Thomas is set within 160 acres of glorious landscaped gardens and parkland with mature cedars, maples and yews which have been lovingly preserved. These Grounds were designed by a student of Capability Brown. Close to the Grade II listed parklands and lakes is the Cricket St. Thomas Wildlife Park with 500 rare and endangered animals including zebras, camels, antelope, lemurs and Amur leopards.
· Regency manor house designed by Sir John Soane, dating from 1820
· Famous as the location for the TV series 'To the Manor Born'
· Lovingly restored state rooms and fabulous grand staircase
· 160 acres of landscaped parkland set amid a picturesque setting
· 12th Century parish church of St. Thomas and walled garden within the grounds
· New wing with Signature and Ambassador rooms
· The Tree Tops restaurant for breakfast and three course evening meal
· Terrace Coffee Shop for morning tea, lunch and afternoon coffee
· Croquet, tennis and boules courts
· Tastefully modelled 19m deck level swimming pool
· Sauna, steam room tropicarium and fitness studio
· The Late Lounge, featuring complimentary evening shows
· Decleor Gold Beauty Salon with health and beauty therapies
· The Terrace and Pavilion Bars
· Fencing, pool tables, snooker, billiards, darts and table tennis
· Air rifle shooting, Archery,
· Cycle Hire
· Gift Shop
The original Parish Church of Cricket St. Thomas was built in the 14th century and is holding services every Thursday at 11 am and Sundays at 10am.
It was not possible to contact Google to display the home pick-ups map. Please try again later.
The map below can be used to check the price of a home pick-up. The map shows the price bands for each area we service. To check the price from your address either click your street on the map or enter your postcode or city/town and click the 'Check Price' button.
|From Price||Book Now||Call Back||Telephone||Favourites|
The website timed out while searching for the departure dates. Please try again.
|Room Types||Price Per-Person|